Saturday, January 8, 2011

So...this photo was taken hastily out the back of the van (camioneta). Therefore, it is not that great of picture. Once I get a better picture, I want to put it up top like the pictures of the girls on Treasures. Amy, I might need some help.

This is a bit of a soft opening, I am not exactly set on the name yet but I needed to do something. I have a bunch of pictures to post and a bunch of stories to tell (I know...you're asking yourself how I could have so many stories in such little time.) The people may move slow here in Mexico but the time seems to go faster.

On to the subject of the post. The name. All lives have their defining moments--reasons why people are who they are, do what they do--my life is no different.

This may be a bit of a stretch and may be more corny than any metaphor or simile ever told me, but I am going to equate life to an aqueduct. The aqueduct must have pillars to stand on. Most of the aqueducts I have seen have been supported by pillars that are part of an arch. This is what holds them up and what allows them to do what they do.

So whether or not living in Mexico for 5 months is one pillar, a full arch, or a set of arches, I expect it to define me as a person and help me to carry whatever message I am to carry or support whatever needs supported.

Por eso, presento Los Arcos de Vida.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great and I love all the wisdom that you share in the blog post #1. Did anyone notice that I am the first commenter? I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the first comment mom. :) I like the name, I am impressed with the thought you put into it. I'm excited to hear and see more of what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the posts coming Jay...this is good stuff...love the pic.!
    -Jonny

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like your post. Glad things are going well so far.
    Enjoy your 60 degree weather, because the bubbling fountain would be frozen here.

    ReplyDelete