Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Characticture


Last night we went to a small restaurant and I ate one of Queretaro's specialties, Enchiladas Queretanos. They were very good. I had some the first week but they had a much more bitter taste. I am definitely a fan.

Ale was tired and was venting by being silly. Her and Hugo got into a huge drawing battle and it was actually really impressive. (I was in the corner drawing misshaped cubes.)

One of the products of this madness was a characticture (I am not sure if this is a word) representing my life in Queretaro. It is actually quite impressive the amount of subtle details that went into this picture. On the left side of the picture, you see me saying that I'm a ninja. I do so enjoy speaking very bad Spanish every now and then to get a reaction so I've become a "Merican". Say it to yourself in a southern accent. Soy Merican.

You may notice three girls peaking out from behind my head (they must be back some distance). The overall reaction is extremely positive to my appearance from the girls.

On the left side of the picture by my legs, I have been labeled as "El Coqueton". The flirt.

Obviously this is the artists interpretation of my life.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, what artistic talent in your host family! I can only hope that some of their perspectives are not correct ("the flirt" comes to mind)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food sounds yummy!!! We looked up characticture and it looks like it's spelled characterture. We don't know how to pronounce in a flowing manner though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the intelligent update. I will have to warn my readers of the correct spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way the word "coqueton" was because Ale was having fun adding the first wrong word that Jay used when speaking Spanish. Don't worry he's really a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely used the southern accent with the Merican.. Soy Merican.. I thought you would be proud of me for taking your advice to spice up the blog as I read through it

    ReplyDelete