Monday, January 17, 2011

Football Flag

A few of you (probably just Mom and Dad) know that I was invited to play flag football with Ale's uncle Paco this Sunday. I feel like I am a poor representation of American's in the fact that I'm not super good and I don't know every player on every team. Regardless, I was excited to play. On the way, I was really hoping that we weren't going to be playing on just bare dirt, I really didn't want to run around in the dust. I walked over a small rise to get to the field and this is what I saw...

Probably the nicest field I have ever played on! I don't believe I have ever had the opportunity to play on astro turf. Go figure, I would find some in Mexico.
This is Ale's uncle Paco (I think his real name is Federico--don't ask me). Our team name is the Pandas Gigantes. Paco said it is because everyone on the team has a big belly.
I borrowed some gloves from Franco (Paco's son). He is in the top photo, along with Spikey, the dog.
And here's the team. Funny thing, I'm not sure if we won or lost. There were a lot of maybe they scored, oh wait, something else happened, that went on. I played right linebacker. It was zone except for one play that we played mano y mano. I was on my guy like white on rice.

1 comment: