Sunday, January 9, 2011

I am most definitely not sure how to operate the blog creating program. Pictures are a pain in the butt. I can't get them in order, they take forever to put up, etc. But that's ok.

Last Wednesday night, Carla's (my host mom) sister Claudia came over with her two kids. We all wrote down what we wanted on small pieces of paper, tied them to helium-filled balloons and released them into the atmosphere, to be picked up by the 3 Wise Men.

Thursday morning, we all received gifts from the Wise Men. The day is called Dia de los Reyes or Day of the Kings (Wise Men). It is surprising how well the balloon messenger service worked. The US government should disband snail mail and sublease to the geniuses behind the balloon service.

I got a sweet new sweater--pictured somewhere--I wore it to school and felt very Mexican.

One of the pictures around here shows Hugo (my host dad) and Giuancarlo (Juan-Carlo). Carlito is the kid of one of Carla's sisters. He is a riot. He got a toy guitar and he gets very serious when playing it.

Oh, Pixi is pictured in the picture of my new sweater. She is a Taco Bell dog and belongs to one of Ale's cousins.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Keep them coming!

    We love you (and miss you),
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are kind of celebrating Christmas again? That is such a cool cultural experience. Glad to hear the whole balloon thing worked out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They celebrate Christmas before, then apparently the Maggi arrived somewhere around the 6th of January bringing gifts. That would be how I translate it. A pretty good deal if I may say so.

    ReplyDelete