Sunday, January 16, 2011

La Casa

Once again, my pictures are in a very peculiar order. However, I will make do with what I have. Pictured above is a site that has been started since I have been here. Until this week, it was just a built up plateau of new dirt. They must have been letting it sit to settle. I'm thinking that it has been sitting for a while. This crew looks like they know what they are doing and everything looks very ship shape. (Check out their bathroom.)
This area is what you see when you first come through the gates. It is a large triangle of grass with a swing set etc. in the middle. It is surrounded on two sides by houses and on the third, a large concrete--yet pretty--wall. The concrete squares you see in the grass are for parking cars. It must be cheaper than pouring a full patio. I think that these parking spots are event parking.
This beautiful villa is attached to one that is currently being worked on. Directly to its right is the new lot from the first picture. To the left--actually attached--is current construction that is actually progressing. This feels very Mexico.
This is the new construction that is progressing. Notice the red brick house to its right? The second story walls were not up when I got here. I just walked through this house and it is very Mexican construction. Nothing pretty about it. (Check out their bathroom.)
Lastly, this is the house (casita) that I live in. It is set up like a duplex, attached to a house that looks identical. It is very comfortable, is always cool (so far) and is very modern. This entire community is gated in. I have a picture of the gate but I didn't have room in the upload page and I feel like I overloaded you guys with pictures of Tec. (Check out the palm tree right outside my window.)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Jay, great pics and muy fun, but I think you should put in pictures of you! It's easy. Go to take a picture of the house and then put yourself in the picture, put your arm as far out as you can go, and there you are, looking goofy in the side of the picture, always fun. :)
    Love,
    amy

    ReplyDelete